Eliza Bleu is a survivor advocate for those effected by human trafficking.
The United Nations quotes human trafficking as the hidden figure of crime, with estimates showing that only 0.04% of survivors of human trafficking cases are identified. Our guest for today, Eliza Bleu, is one such survivor who miraculously survived a tragic case of human trafficking right here in the US. As a 17-year-old minor, Eliza moved to LA with big dreams of becoming a star. Forty-eight hours later, the man who promised her heaven on earth sold her to another man for a mere $500. Today Eliza is an advocate combating human, sex, and child trafficking, an industry worth $150 billion. In this episode, Eliza and I discuss facts and figures around human trafficking, detecting child sexual abuse material online, and the Stockholm syndrome in human trafficking.
Links and Resources
Eliza’s Twitter and Instagram @ElazaBleu
Produced by Susan Pinsky (http://twitter.com/firstladyoflove). This show is for entertainment and/or informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Follow Dr. Drew
• Website: https://drdrew.com
• Locals: https://drdrew.locals.com
• Cameo: https://cameo.com/drdrew
• Twitter: http://twitter.com/DrDrew
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/drdrewpinsky
• TikTok: https://tiktok.com/@drdrew
• Facebook: https://facebook.com/drdrew
• Twitch: https://twitch.tv/drdrewtv